Autumn Pest Prevention Tips 2022
While some pests are only active during the summer, others prefer to spend the winter months in warm and cozy habitats. Autumn is the best season for different pests to start hunting for ways into your family home when the chilly wind begins to blow and the rain begins to pour heavier. Rodents, termites, and cockroaches are among the most prevalent pests that emerge in the autumn.
Rodents – During the winter months, rats and mice, like people, like to be warm and dry. They will begin looking for nesting areas in ceilings, wall cavities, and any other warm, dry places in the family house in order to select the ideal location to spend their winter. Because rats are mostly active at night, it’s not usually possible to spot them until they’ve caused damage to your home.
Termites – Some subterranean termites are active all year and enjoy the cool, damp weather of Autumn. They may be little, but they can wreak havoc on your family’s house, ruining timber foundations and internal walls. Termites are difficult to identify because of their secrecy, and you are considerably more likely to see indicators of termite damage before you see termites themselves.
Cockroaches – German cockroaches are a major problem in many regions of Australia, and they may flourish in a variety of environments. They begin to reproduce in the winter, therefore treating them in the autumn is crucial to remove them. Otherwise, a little cockroach problem may rapidly become a huge one.
Common Autumn Pests’ Favorite Hangout
Despite the fact that pest infestations can arise in any region of your house throughout the autumn, it is still crucial to be aware of the primary insect hotspots. Ensure that the blow regions are clean and examined on a regular basis:
- Inside kitchen cupboards and beneath kitchen sinks
- In and around garbage cans
- Drains and pipes
- Wardrobes and storage rooms
- Attics and roof cavities
Pest-prevention Tips for autumn in Melbourne
Now that you’re aware of the most frequent autumn pests, you may take steps to keep them away. Here are some easy ways to keep your property safe this autumn:
- Seal any cracks and gaps in walls, floors, and ceilings that serve as excellent bug entry places.
- Install fly screens on all windows and bristle stips on all entrances leading to the outside.
- Ensure that waste is disposed of on a regular basis and that all garbage bin lids are securely closed.
- All food products should be stored in containers or bins that can be firmly closed.
- Maintaining short lawns and well-kept gardens can prevent pest harborages such as rats, mice, cockroaches, and other insects
- Keep firewood stacked away from your house. When wood is damp, it retains moisture and creates a breeding ground for creepy crawlies.
- Leaves should be raked into heaps and discarded since they are vulnerable to insect infestation.
- Professional pest control solutions should be applied to your house.
Do you still have concerns about bugs in your home?
Contact us right away if you have or suspect a pest problem, or if you’d want to learn more about how to protect your house from autumn pests.
Read our Blog:
Explore our Services